Background

Ordering Info

To see my post about the cookies I have to offer, click here. I am beginning to get busy, so book early!

Dates I am booked and/or unavailable:
July 8th & 9th --------- July 11th & 12th
July 22nd-Aug. 5th ----August 8th-13th
August 17th & 18th ----August 21st & 22nd

To order, contact me at - confectionsofanaggie "at" gmail "dot" com

May 13, 2012

Fun!

So I had a little extra dough leftover and I was really wanting to try some new designs/techniques I had seen online, so I decided to bake what was left and give a few things a try.  I'm so glad I did!  It was so fun and even though they all didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, I've learned from it and know that the next time I make the, it will go much better :)


 For this one, I outlined and drew a heart in the middle then sprinkled what the cookie world calls "sanding sugar" (aka sprinkles) on the icing while it was still wet.  Once that dried, I filled the rest in with pink icing.  Wasn't too hard or too terribly time consuming.  I like that!

 I saw these, and decided I had to give my own version a try.  This one was a frustration from the start, but I think it was because I was using the wrong tip & wrong consistence, so next time, it should go better.  In the end, it didn't turn out too badly.  It does take quite a bit of time though because you need drying time between each layer.

 This one I actually found a tutorial on Sweet Sugarbelle (awesome cookie blog btw), and thank goodness I did!  I'm not sure I could have done it without it.  I definitely need more practice, and my icing consistency wasn't quite right, but it was still fun!  Another very time consuming one though.  Also not sure I could do a large batch of these as my hand was starting to get tired after just two!

This one was pretty simple as well, and not too terribly time consuming.  There is a long wait time though before you can do the flower, but may use another technique I've learned to shorten that step if I make these again.

I can't believe I only learned how to do these kinds cookies in February.  All those summers I had off from teaching without a child, I could have been learning and perfecting my cookies.  Oh well!  I'm having so much fun, and am always looking forward to my next challenge :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment