Background

Ordering Info

To see my post about the cookies I have to offer, click here. I am beginning to get busy, so book early!

Dates I am booked and/or unavailable:
July 8th & 9th --------- July 11th & 12th
July 22nd-Aug. 5th ----August 8th-13th
August 17th & 18th ----August 21st & 22nd

To order, contact me at - confectionsofanaggie "at" gmail "dot" com

June 1, 2012

Pugs, Minis (not the cars :-p) and Coming Soon...

I got another order a couple weeks ago, and this one was probably one of the more difficult designs I've done, but still so fun.  A former coworker/friend ordered some pug cookies to send to her daughter for her daughter's birthday.  There weren't a whole lot of pug cookie pictures on the internet for me to get ideas and to help me with the perfect design.  I found a couple and they gave me some ideas, but they still weren't as awesome as I was wanting.  I did come up with a little tweak (added some pug rolls on the back) to help make it look a little more realistic, but after completing them, I think I would do it differently next time.  I outlined first, then flooded*, but I think it would possibly look better to flood first, then do the outlining after.  And I think I figured out a little bit better way to draw/outline the rolls.

Anyway, for a first attempt, I think they turned out pretty cute. However, the lighting was not great as I had to take them in the morning.  I'm learning that morning time is not the best time for photos, but that's usually the only opportunity I have to photograph them without the possibly of a sweet little one destroying them and before they are picked up/delivered.





I've been wanting to do some mini cookies for a while.  I don't have a lot of mini cutters yet though, but these cookies are super fun to eat because you feel like you can eat more without feeling so guilty :)  I had been wanting to take some cookies up to my former school ever since I learned how to make them, however, every time I thought maybe I could do it, Logan would get sick and/or I would get an order (and let's face it - paid jobs will generally beat free ones).  But, I finally made it on the teachers' last day of school!!  I hope they were enjoyed :)

They are also fun to decorate.  I only used two colors and did wet on wet icing designs for the squares and that made it go very quickly (no drying time between colors)!  Soooo...no 1am/2am bed time for me with those - ha!  Yay!





Coming soon........some exciting updates to what I have to offer!!!!! Hopefully you'll get an update with pictures after this weekend.  They are already in process and I hope they turn out great so I can post about them :)

Happy weekend!  And happy summer to all my teacher friends!! :)

*flooding is what filling in with a thinner icing is called in the cookie decorating world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment